One way for secret society members to communicate in public without anyone overhearing is to use hand signals and symbols.
- Using Nautical Flags that already have global universal meaning that the vast
majority in public who see the flag know nothing about; use these stickers on notebooks or inside locker doors
- Hanging any kind of flag at the front door, or not hanging flag
- Holding phone in left hand, versus right hind
- Black backpack or hat, or red, or blue, each one representing a different meaning
- Stopping to tie left shoe, versus right shoe
- Smiling, or frowning
- Walking a dog on right side versus left, sot having dog lead in front or trail behind
The list could go on indefinitely. Secret society members establish what their secret signals will be and what they’ll mean.